Thursday, January 20, 2011

how much do you charge?

price is a personal preference. people i know charge in many different ways. i charge by 15 minute time gaps. it keeps me on time for my next client (which is very important) and allows them to decide whether or not they want to pay extra. i give them all a general time. all extra is made in advance and blocked out for their next appointment schedule.

it all is very personal. if it takes you 4 hours to paint marylin monroe, but your client loves it.........its different than someone who paints her in 20 minutes and their client leaves unhappy...(even if it was way cheaper)......its about quality, time, and being fair..... being honest and being real about the situation, the economy and so forth..........having happy clients who come back has no really dollar amount....some art i do takes 10 minutes and its the clients favorite design of their life...

just know:.........happy clients come back, they dont if you charge too much and prove them with little effort. they come back more if you provide extra effort even if they arent exactly thrilled with your end result...people love when you TRY to make them happy.

happy fun clients are hard to find. so, charging less and practicing and having a good time promotes happiness and having a gang of happy clients is wise because they come back and make YOUR JOB less of a job...unhappy ones pay more maybe..but they arent regulars and you cant wait for them to leave and every single moment it feels like your job is hell.
xoxoxoox


thats what i charge.

:)

6 comments:

  1. your talent is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you own a salon where people can get their nails done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin Moses you are the ALPHA in this nail game! No one is near your art. I started doing nails back in '98, by mistake. I went to beauty school with the intention of becoming this "great hairstylist"... pffft, yea okay. A man from Tammy Taylor came to my school to perform demos and of course, I volunteered. That was all she wrote. I began to get my nails done regularly in the salons and picked up on the techniques. It helped a lot that I knew how to draw. Long story short, I had to take a LOOONG vaca from doing nails and I happened to come across your videos on Youtube. I'm so inspired by you, your work and LAUGH...yes even your laugh because it displays that you enjoy what you're doing. I want to get info on which crystals, paint..etc you use. My email is LourdesR79@gmail.com.
    This is gonna sound so ghetto but what the heyyyy....
    "YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU'RE THE BOOOOMB!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your designs. I'm new to painting nails. I try some of your designs.

    greetz from The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you own a nail Solon if so were is it you are my nail hero

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you own a nail Solon if so were is it you are my nail hero

    ReplyDelete